Okay, so I don't need an excuse to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee, but it sure does not hurt!
Here are 5 places to get a great cup of coffee and that are reasonably family friendly too. So grab your coloring books, put on your mittens and off you go!
In no particular order:
1. Roast and Toast in Petoskey. Over several trips to Petoskey in recent years this is our go-to place for coffee, cocoa and yummy lunch. It has a fun, lively family friendly vibe and good coffee and other hot beverages.
2. Agua Dulce in Monroe. Get there early on the weekends as this tiny coffee shop in historic Monroe fills up fast. But it features great coffee and delicious tea and the owners are incredibly nice and helpful. Click here for the full review from a great trip we had there.
3. The Coffee Bean in Plymouth. This has been a mainstay for coffee fans and members of the musical and literary arts scene in metro Detroit for two decades. Sometimes the coffee, which is self-served from decanters can be a bit "not hot" enough. But the baristas will quickly remedy that with a fresh pot when informed. Set in a Victorian Home and furnished in an eclectic thrift store chic atmosphere. It gets quite crowded in afternoons, especially on weekends, so you may want to go with your family a bit earlier.
4. Water Street Coffee in Kalamazoo. With 5 locations, Kalamazoo area travelers are never far from a delicious cup of coffee. Kids will love the Hot White Chocolate, while adventurous teens will want to try the Cocoa Del Sol- hot cocoa with a touch of pepper melted into the milk, or the Sleeping Bear Hot Chocolate- a variety of dark chocolates and a touch of cinnamon. Well worth the stop when you are near!
5. Cultivate Coffee in Ypsilanti. Delicious pour-overs, a drink called the Ron Weasley, an assortment of books, board games and actual events for children and families- what more can you ask for? A wonderful non-profit dedicated to building community through coffee. One of our favorite spaces in all of Michigan. I am always inspired by the great work they do.