March is a great month in Michigan. Here are things you might want to add to your Michigan Family Travel calendar (in no particular order)
1. Go to the Flint Institute of Arts and see the Ubuhle Women: Beadwork and the Art of Independence exhibit. It is only through the end of March- so go now!
2. Go to Greenfield Village, okay, technically it is at the Henry Ford and see the Science Behind Pixar exhibit-only through March 18th. It is really enjoyable. Our son saw it twice and enjoyed it both time!
3. Go see Robin Hood at the Thunder Bay Theatre. Now through March 25. The award winning theatre is back with another family friendly production.
4. Go to the Ypsilanti District Library-Whitaker Road branch for a University of Michigan Scientist Spotlight featuring several research sharing their cutting edge research with visitors. Inspire your children to pursue great questions through meeting a working scientist. You won't want to miss this!
5. Ski through the night at the two mile snowshoe/ski trek capped by a bonfire and hot chocolate March 3 at Mackinac Island State Park with the Mackinac Island Turtle Trek.
6. Go see the Wizard of Oz ballet at the River Raisin Centre for the Arts March 23-March 25. This classic story as told in the "language of dance" will be sure to satisfy all family members.
7. Hike on the North Country Trail. Now that Spring is coming and the snow is melting-there are no more excuses!
8. Subscribe to our newsletter for more travel ideas, Michigan Trivia and more! Issue #1 online and Issue #2 is available now. Michigan Trivia: What was Aretha Franklin's first top ten hit?